Monday, December 3, 2007

Tis the Season!

I know this is incredibly odd to have more than one blog per month, much less two in one day--new record!! If you have not read my last blog you need to read it first.

We went to dinner tonight with some great friends that moved away several years ago. They were in town tonight so we met at a restaurant to eat and catch up. As we left the restaurant, a man approached us totally embarrassed and out of place. He was clean and did not smell like the man in the story, but he had a story of his own. He told us that he was $18 short in paying for his hotel room for him and his wife tonight and if we could just go pay part of what he owed for the motel room he had the receipt to prove that he was maxed out and need just a bit more. He said he had tools and Polo shirts "real nice clothes" that we could have in exchange. He shook with nervousness and sadness. Brandon and I only had a few dollars cash on us, so he handed what we had to the man and told him to have a good night. He said thank you so much and began to cry. He offered his shirts and tools again, and Brandon said no thanks and we walked away.

I do not know how many people he asked tonight, but from his comments about looking stupid and wishing he did not have to ask, it must have been many! I wrote in my last post that God would show us Jesus this Christmas season and I think I got my request. May we never forget how truely blessed we are! May we share it with others and teach our children to do the same!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Guess who just found your (slightly ignored) blog...

Happy Easter!
~kyle

Gena said...

You need to update your blog girl, haha!
You've been tagged!